February 26, 2013

What to do on a 5 day SNOWDAY weekend?

So starting last week on Wednesday the Blizzard of Oz, as my cousin in Kentucky called it, hit our town.  Really, it wasn't all that bad.  We were able to get out of the house every day (if we chose to do so).  I hear the final count on the first 2 days of snow was 11.7 inches!  We were warned we could have up to 22 inches!  Not bad....Lots of snow blowing and shoveling.  It was a nice break to have off Thursday and Friday to head into the busy weekend.

Well, being we were told that we'd get another 6-8 inches Sunday and Monday, they went ahead and cancelled school on Monday too.  Probably didn't need to be off, but who wants to be responsible to make that call!   Seriously, I can't say that a radar has been right in years!

So these days off allowed my kids some time to drive me insane, wreck the house several times, paint my kitchen table with watercolors, make snow men, go sledding, build a fort....

I think I did get 1 load of my laundry done - but the kids clothes and the towels got cleaned. We did spend one day cleaning house, so the kitchen is presentable and then Princess Dani's room is actually a place you can enter - 4 loads of laundry and 2 huge trash sacks later....

But I wanted to share the one thing I feel good about getting accomplished during the blizzard...a new baby chevron crochet blanket!

Again sorry for crummy the pics...they are from my phone and its the worst thing ever!!

Day 1....
 
Day 2...
 

Day 3...COMPLETED!


I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby and a I hook.

And I got the pattern from....
THANKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment