September 6, 2012

Clorox Pen Tshirt

So I have been wanting to do this PINTEREST idea for some time now....even went to Target and bought the Tide pen (stupid me...) and had to return it to get the Clorox pen.  I tell you if it isn't one thing, it's another. 
 
So things you need...
1 Clorox pen
1 TShirt (Target on sale for just over $2.00)
1 piece of cardbord - or in my case, a thick plastic bag


Honestly, I searched ideas on google to see ideas for a pattern and then I just winged it.  Place you cardboard/plastic bag in the shirt and shake up your pen.  Go CRAZY!!!  Draw your pattern out and watch for bubbles....you want to avoid these if possible. 

I wish I would have taken a pic of the design with the clorox on it - but once I got it on, it took about 10 minutes.  Don't forget!  Clorox does "weaken" the shirt.  I hear if you leave it on too long, it will put holes in the clothing.  You can watch the color the design is fading to best from the inside of the shirt, but this isn't the easiest thing to check out.

This  a pic of my shirt still wet....

So once the shirt has been dyed to your liking... rinse it out with cold water. 
Then wash and dry it by itself. 
And my little model strutting her stuff in her new shirt...
She had to wear it to school the morning after!
 
HAVE FUN!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment